question

tacos avatar image
tacos asked

VRM app display render issue with remote console

With the most recent update of the VRM app, the remote console in my app will connect but half the screen is rendered outside of the usable screen space in the app. I can tell it’s connected, but I can’t see the whole display. See picture below.

Any ideas on a fix?

My local network victron console at the cerbo ip works without issue.

VRMremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Noted! We’ll look into it.

As a work around, use the vrm website in a browser; does that work OK?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Have the same issue via app on mobile phone. You have to first scroll the page down far enough so the console is fully accessible. Doesn't affect normal browsers.
0 Likes 0 ·
tacos avatar image
tacos answered ·

Thanks!

The work around doesn’t really help since I relied on the app for when I’m off the local network. Right now, my workaround is OpenVPN to get me on the local network. Browser console renders fine in Safari with VPN.

More info: using an iPhone 14 pro on 16.3.1.

2 |3000

Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

We would like to express our gratitude for bringing the bug to our attention and providing us with additional information. We have successfully identified and resolved the bug. Can you please confirm whether you are still experiencing the issue?

2 |3000