question

ericd50 avatar image
ericd50 asked

Smart Shunt wiring

Do I need to run my PV and DC load from my MPPT through the smart shunt? I‘m not today and it seems like my overall SOC % is drifting down. I have everything else going through a bus bar tied to the shunt, but thought the loads in and out of the MPPT would get picked up.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

If you want the shunt to accurately quantify state of charge yes. The shunts needs to see all the charging sources plus all the loads on one side and the batteries only on the other side.

It would be good if you stated what batteries you have and what 'everything else' is.

That won't however effect the principal of the answer above. Anthony

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ericd50 avatar image ericd50 commented ·

Thanks. That’s what I needed. I have all Victron parts: MPPT, Smart Shunt, Inverter, Cerbo GX. I have bus bars for each polarity and the shunt is between the battery (100 Battleborn LiFe) and the negative bus bar. Sounds like I just need to also run the PV and DC load from the MPPT through that negative bus bar also.

0 Likes 0 ·