question

kathys avatar image
kathys asked

Has anyone had trouble with iPhone connecting to BMV 712?

Have new BMV-712 that trying to connect to my iPhone. It does not connect, getting to around 60% and restarts attempt again.

Have tried "normal" BT linking through Victron Connect, have tried deleting from iPhones BT list and have tried accessing it via iPhone BT direct.

Are there known problems with iPhone connectivity.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
falco avatar image
falco answered ·

Is your iphone up to date with latest firmware, and up to date on the Victron Connect app. I have no problems connecting with my iphone. Have you tried deleting the app and then reinstall.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cocovan avatar image
cocovan answered ·

I upgraded to iPuone 12, and cannot connect to the BMV. I have never changed the pin yet 000000 is not accepted. Interestingly enough, I can connect to the Orion charger with the default pin but the new phone will not pair with the display. I have seen many posts here offering advice, in my case I can’t get to the PUK as the BMV unit is framed into my van wall. Is there a way to reset the pin using the actual BMV?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
To reset the PIN you need the PUK there is no other way with the BMV 712.

Ask your Victron dealer for help.

As far as I know they should be able to give you your PUK if you give them the serial number of your BMV.

0 Likes 0 ·