question

Simon Coram avatar image
Simon Coram asked

Basic lead acid battery settings

Morning.

I have a MPPT 100/50 with basic 12v flooded sealed lead acid battery’s 4 x 110a.

I can’t see in the manual any settings for the rotary switch for basic lead acid.

What should it be?

Or do I need to put in expert mode and change the charge settings?

What’s the best settings for simple lead acid.

Thanks.

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingbatterylead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

The correct answer would be to consult the battery manufacturer technical spec sheet, or ask their tech department? Then use the expert settings to create a profile.
However, in general, for lead acid you will not do any harm with absorption of 14.4V and float of 13.6V. Here is an interesting article, it discusses lead acid "single cells" so you need to multiply by 6 to get numbers for a 12V battery. The main takeaway is that there are a range of values that you could use that will affect the life of the battery, you just have to way up the pros and cons.https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-403-charging-lead-acid

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Simon Coram avatar image Simon Coram commented ·
Many thanks for that.

I got the battery specs from the supplier and then did a custom profile for them. All seems ok

1 Like 1 ·
gazza avatar image gazza Simon Coram commented ·
Great! Best wishes
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources