question

codydog avatar image
codydog asked

BlueSolar 100/50 mppt controller shows "State" as "Off"

I connected the BlueSolar 100/50 mppt solar controller to my solar panel and battery. The bluetooth app shows the battery "state" to "off" and the "virtual load output" to "off". There is an information icon above it that says "why is this charger off?". I click on that and nothing happens.

Best I can tell is the solar charger never turns on as it always shows 0 watts from the solar power. when I test the solar panel though it shows 32 volts coming out of the wires just fine from my multi-meter.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Please, connect to the MPPT, save settings to a file and share it here. I will take a look and see what the problem can be.

Clicking the "Why is the charger off?" should open a pop-up with a hint of what the problem can be. Could you please try a different phone and check if the pop-up is shown?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baporter avatar image baporter commented ·
I am having the same issue with my 250|100 MPPT. Is there any solution to this? I think there may be something wrong with my remote on/off port
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ baporter commented ·
Some screen shots of the settings and readings while it's running would help a lot
0 Likes 0 ·
solarmowe avatar image
solarmowe answered ·

My MPPT 150/35 is also in an off state since 2 weeks what could be the problem

it shows 0V and 0w

2 |3000