question

martijnth avatar image
martijnth asked

Cerbo GX v2.93 update and revert to previous version problems (DVCC / no VRM data)

A few days ago i've updated my Cerbo GX to V2.93. After the update
DVCC was turned to 'forced on' and started to unload my batteries (Pylontech / SOK) to the grid.
At the moment i could not find a method to turn this behaviour off so i reverted to the old firmware version (2.75).
After the revert i could turn the DVCC off and the system started to behave like it should.

But.......
After the firmware reversal the portal id in the Cerbo does not match the portal id in the VRM and it shows no updated values. In the Cerbo it has no problem sending data to the VRM.
When i try to add the new portal id it says it already is connected to my installation.

So i deleted the installation and tried to add the Cerbo with the new portal id but it will not add that device because it cannot find a device with that portal id.

My questions:
- Why did the portal id change after a firmware update?
- Why did the Cerbo set DVCC to forced on when in the previous version it was turned off
- How can i get access to the VRM with data without upgrading again to V2.93

VRMfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Update to the v3 RC. There is a fix in there for 16 cell batteries that will help you.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martijnth avatar image martijnth commented ·
Thanks, this fixed it. No more discharging to the grid and it operates like it should!
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You must have been a long way behind.

Pylons (and all other supported batteries) have forced parameters for some time now. If your bms spoofs a pylon for comms, you inherit settings that only work for 15 cell batteries which create issues for batteries that don’t follow their specs. Do a search and you will find topics about it and how to resolve.

VRM has minimum version requirements now, so you will need to be current as older versions aren’t available.

2 |3000

martijnth avatar image
martijnth answered ·

I've found some topics but they are as old as 2020 and saying you have to revert to a previous version. There is, as far as i can find, not a topic that can help me to make my system behave like it did before.

2 |3000