question

vladimirkonatar avatar image
vladimirkonatar asked

Regarding the firmware update of MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80

Hi everyone,

The original reason I wanted to upgrade the firmware is because I bought the product VE Bus Smart Dongle and it cannot read information from the main device (MultiPlus Compact). So I was hoping you would tell me that the firmware update is going to fix that issue.

Also, when i talked to the Victron customer support, they mentioned a password, I bought the Victron device secondhand, so I have no local dealer in Serbia where I'm from. Is there maybe some kind of a default password for my device?

Thank you in advance for your help.

firmware updateconnection issue
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dušan Klofutar avatar image Dušan Klofutar commented ·
Zdravo Vladimire ! Koliko sam upoznat sa Victron inverterima, trebaš imati MK3-USB adapter i kompjuter, da promeniš parametre djelovanja.

Barem kod mog Multplusa 12/3000/120 je tako. Malo sam čitao upute za tvoj Compact, ali nigdje ne piše o Smart donglu...

Ljep pozdrav iz Slovenije !

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The only thing you need the password for usually is a grid code change, which you are not doing. So weird.

The victron connect one for uodating and changing other basic settings is zzz can be found in the public manual.

Much older firmware devices uses ve flash.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

Use the mk3 as @Dušan Klofutar mentioned

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers