question

koenbro avatar image
koenbro asked

OrionTR and SmartShunt parameters for a Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah

Variations of this question popped up before on this forum, but here I go with my specific need. I need the config settings for an Orion TR (non-isolated, if that makes any difference) charger for a Renogy Deep Cycle 12V 100Ah AGM battery (they call it a "valve regulated sealed lead acid battery").

The Renogy website has an FAQ which only mentions the following:

"7. When using a charge controller, which battery type should I set? You should choose the SLD battery settings."

What does SLD stand for and how to apply this to set up the Orion charger?

Also I am monitoring this battery with a Victron Smart Shunt 500. Any special config for that ?

Thank you all.

SmartShuntorion-tr smartAGM Batterylead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's a good data sheet her, I think it's the right one: https://www.renogy.com/content/RNG-BATT-AGM12-100/AGM100-Datasheet.pdf

Says absorption (cycle use) 14.4-14.8V, float 13.5-13.8V

Most of us would use lower settings of the ranges given.

Most of the shunt settings can be left at default for now, but do set the battery capacity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

koenbro avatar image
koenbro answered ·

I contacted Renogy and the support tech pointed to the same sheet (I had not seen it before); she did not have any more info. Thank you for your response.

2 |3000