question

tom saffell avatar image
tom saffell asked

Is there a minimum Input Current Limit when PowerAssist is not enabled?

For the Multiplus (12/2000), is there a minimum Input Current Limit when PowerAssist is not enabled?

The topmost answer to this question would suggest not, but I'd like to be sure.

Also, how accurate does the Multiplus match the actual input current to the configured value when not using PowerAssist? I see from this answer that it's conservative (lower) in the case that PowerAssist is in use, which make sense (needs time to react to changes w/o overshooting the limit). But when PowerAssist is not in use, is it accurate?

thanks

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@tom saffell

I am not totally familiar with the 12/2000 but I do have the 12/1600.

With alot of the models the accuracy is dependant on the component used for detecting AC amps in (the limit of the hall effect sensor for instance used in many of the inverters, from what I understand, is only good down to 4A).

I can set mine down to half an amp, but never used it that low or tested its accuracy to see what it does. (Also no power assist checked and no ESS installed)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@tom saffell It depends on the model, and output voltage.

power-assist-1.png

power-assist-2.png

The 26xx units are 230v, the 27xx units are 120v.

The "compact" units are aluminum paneled, the other is steel paneled with plastic corners.

Victron Professional.This info is available from

power-assist-1.png (190.9 KiB)
power-assist-2.png (192.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic