question

michael-swartz avatar image
michael-swartz asked

BMV-712 Smart Bluetooth Missing

My BMV-712 Smart is not showing up in my connection app. Also the Bluetooth setting 71 is missing on the BMV-712 Smart. What’s my next steps?

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Michael Swartz depending on how old the firmware is, setting #71 might not be the bluetooth disable option.

Look a couple of setting #'s below 71.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-swartz avatar image michael-swartz klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Thanks. What setting would I look for? I do know that this hasn't been updated in a while.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
michael-swartz answered ·

here is a video of my firmware. I go from 70 to 72. And don’t see any other setting that would have Bluetooth

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@Michael Swartz Have a look at the BMV manual. It looks like you will need a USB > VE Direct cable to re-enable bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Michael Swartz

It looks like the internal bluetooth dongle is malfunctioning, because even when BLE is turned off, setting 71 should always be available. It is only not visible when the internal dongle has not been updated or when there is no communication with the internal dongle.

What you can try is to power cycle the BMV by removing the grey cable for a minute. Perhaps this makes the dongle visible again. If not, then there is probably a hardware problem.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

michael-swartz answered ·

Thanks for the reply. I have power cycles the unit with both the gray wire to the Bmv and the power to the shunt. What is my next step? Replacing the unit? Is this warranty?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Michael Swartz

Next step would indeed be to contact the seller to have it replaced. With the given information it is likely under warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·