question

danielw avatar image
danielw asked

ET340: How to reset the total kWh counter?

Hello,

I have an ET340 that was used as a grid meter. Then was moved to be the solar-meter now, while an EM24 replaced it on the grid side.

I would like to reset the ET340, so I know my solar yield.

I couldn't find information about this on the net. So I asked Gavazzi... they said, it is possible, but they are not allowed to tell my why, because of security reasons (if I would write what I think of them, it would violate our community policy ;-) )

So i'll try if someone here knows how to do it... maybe with the Gavazzi software?

Thanks

Daniel

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tabrocky avatar image
tabrocky answered ·

Hi Daniel,

I noticed while using the Carlo Galvazzi UCS 7 software (free download from Carlo Galvazzi - search Universal Configuration Software) to trouble shoot a comms issue with my EM24, that there did seem to be the ability to reset some of the totaliser registers in the meter. I didn't actually try to do it because I didn't need them reset but it looked like you could do it.

I'd suggest giving this a try.

Cheers Tristan.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·

Hi Tristan.

What kind of cable is required to be able to connect to ET340 and use the UCS7 software? Can be used the same one, used to connect it to ColorGX? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ CristiMV commented ·

Yes, you can use the came cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
tabrocky avatar image tabrocky CristiMV commented ·

Hi Cristimv,

As wkirby mentioned the USB to RS485 cable from Victron can be used. The software just looks for available COM ports and the Victron USB adapter will come up in Windows as an available COM port. If you have multiple devices on your PC you may need to confirm the COM port number of the adaptor. I imagine other brand USB or Serial adaptors would also work with the software however may not necessarily work with the Color Control or other Victron GX device. Victron seems to be a bit more fussy.

Cheers Tristan.

0 Likes 0 ·
danielw avatar image
danielw answered ·

Hi Tristan,

OK, I'll try! Thanks

Daniel

2 |3000

Related Resources