question

tsg-ug avatar image
tsg-ug asked

Battery percentage stays at 100% even without PV and a significant load after 6 hours

Hi, I need help with my system. The battery %age doesn't reduce when I run a load test for 6 hours. I have 5x Smart Lithium 25.6V - 200Ah, 2x SmartSolar150/70, a 24V Phoenix inverter 500VA, a VE Bus BMS, 500A Shunt, Cerbo GX + Touch 50 monitor and a BMV 700. Am I also supposed to see the VE Bus BMS with the Cerbo GX if I connect it to the Cerbo from the BMS Quattro port? All my MPPTs and Inverter connect to the Cerbo via VE Direct.

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxBMSSmartShuntsmart lithium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

There are 2 versions of VE.Bus BMS. The old one, VE.Bus BMS, does not communicate with a GX device. The VE.Bus BMS V2 does. I think the VE.Direct on the inverter is only for conncting to a PC or Smartphone with VictronConnect.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tsg-ug avatar image tsg-ug commented ·
I actually don't think so. I have three identical sites and only one site has this problem
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ tsg-ug commented ·

I have three identical sites and only one site has this problem

That will make fault finding easier, by comparing systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have you got the shunt wired up correctly, the only connection to the battery negative should be the battery side of the shunt, no other connections to the battery negative at all, then all charges and loads and any ground connection go to the system side of the shunt. Does the shunt show current going in or out of the battery, is the shunt the right way around.

2 |3000