question

hebs avatar image
hebs asked

Multiplus II GX internal memory/storage

Does anyone know if the gx card inside a multiplus II GX uses an SD card for memory. I have become concerned (probably unnecessarily) about SD card failure due to excessive number of writes.

I use Node-Red and had a lot of reading and writing of files (probably about 1,000,000 writes a day!) - as soon as I realised that I am probably degrading the memory, I changed my Node-Red flows to minimise writing and when it was needed I do it all to the attached USB flash drive. So now, the only writing should be what Victron originally intended.

I’d like to clone the image and create a backup of the internal memory so that when it eventually does fail, I can just pop in the backup.i

Does anyone have any experience with the inner workings of the Multiplus GX?

Thank you all.

Multiplus-IIgx devicestoragesd card
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hebs avatar image
hebs answered ·

After taking a detailed look inside I can see that the Multiplus 2 GX uses a Nanopi Neo Core, which has its own eMMC 8GB storage, so, I will never be able to replace this myself (I probably could but Victron didn't intent for us to). I am also reassured that it manages it writing sensibly, so, as long as I don't continue my stupid amount of writing files in Node-Red, it should be ok.

I would still like to take a full backup every now and then, but I can see other threads discussing that at the moment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.