question

grld avatar image
grld asked

Connect App not asking for bluetooth PIN when attempting to pair device

I have been able to successfully connect my mobile phone to my Smart Solar charging controller (75/15), and changed the bluetooth PIN.

Now I try to connect from my notebook, using the AppImage for Linux (v5.82).

The controller appears in the list of devices in the VictronConnect app. However, when trying to connect to the device, I never get asked for entering the PIN of the controller (it seems to try connecting with the default PIN 000000), hence I am not able to pair the computer to the controller.

I tried to "forget" the device, and restart VictronConenct, but again, I am not getting ask for entering a PIN (instead it always tries to connect using the default PIN).

Anyone an idea how to call a dialog for entering the controller's PIN, or how to manually overwrite the PIN the app uses when attempting to connect to the controller?

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
grld avatar image
grld answered ·

Thanks for your answer. According to the Victron Manuals, it is only the Windows client that can't connect via bluetooth.

Indeed, after some more digging I found the answer and got it working:

In the terminal and run the bluetoothctl command line tool, type "default-agent" without the quotes and press enter. Leave the terminal visible on one side of the screen and open VictronConnect, press scan and connect to one of the found devices, after a few seconds the bluetoothctl tool will ask for the pin code type it in and press enter.

See: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/43667/victronconnect-for-linux-download-instructions.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Galin Radoslavov avatar image
Galin Radoslavov answered ·

Phone - over bluetooth and application Victron connect

Notebook - with cable and program Victron connect

It is not possible at this moment to connect laptop over bluetooth - it is strange but Victron do this at this time.

2 |3000