Please note: I have read all existing threads to do with pairing a SmartSolar but nothing suggested has fixed my issue.
SmartSolar charge controller
MPPT 100/50 - v1.47
- iPhone 13 Pro Max - iOS 15.6.1
- iPad Air (5th gen) - iPad OS 15.6.1
- MacBook Pro - macOS Monterey 12.5.1
- Victron Connect app for iOS/iPad/macOS v5.73
Issue: The device will not pair with my iPhone/iPad/MacBook, this is a new device to me (I've never been able to pair with it).
The device appears in my list in the Victron Connect App when I try and pair it with 000000 it fails
Note: I currently have a Victron Shunt and SmartSolar MPPT 100/15 successfully paired with my Connect App. The new MPPT 100/50 when attached to my PV panels does output current as the shunt shows details (I know this is from the MPPT 100/50 as I've disconnected the PV to MPPT 100/15) but without being able to pair and connect I'm not able to configure it via the connect app for my system.
The troubleshooting list that I have already tried
- Reboot Phone
- Looked in paired devices on phone - it's not listed as it has never successfully paired so no device pairing to forget
- Forget existing devices in the iPhone Bluetooth list and power them down (Shunt and MPPT 100/15), removed the app, shut down the phone and disconnect the battery from the system for 10 mins
- Reinstalled app on phone, it listed just the MPPT 100/50 as the only device found (the shunt and MPPT 100/15 still both powered down)
- it failed to pair
- When I powered up the shunt and the MPPT 100/15 these devices paired without issue
- Download connect app on iPad and tried to pair - it failed (the other two devices pair without issue)
- Download connect app on MacBook Pro and tried to pair, but it failed (the other two devices pair without issue)
- Reset the PIN code using the PUK code on the side - success is reported yet it fails to pair with the default 000000 PIN code (if I try and pair with the wrong PUK I’m told it’s wrong, so I know I’m entering the correct PUK code)
Note: When I enter the default 000000 code (or any 6-digit code) on the device the Bulk, Absorption and Float lights flash but then I’m asked to enter the code again as the paired failed (so the device knows it is receiving a code).
Any help would be appreciated, anything else I could try?
- The only things I could think of left to do is use a USB-ve direct cable and connect directly using the MacBook but I don't have access to the cable or use an Android device but I don't have access to one of those either.
Is this a known issue with MPPT 100/50 running v1.47 and the latest connect App (v5.73) or do I have a faulty MPPT 100/50? If it's faulty it seems odd that it's only the pairing that fails - it lists in the connect app, it knows the correct PUK code, it takes input from the PV panels and outputs to the battery etc. This sounds like a bug in the connect app unless I'm missing something.