question

richie-trent avatar image
richie-trent asked

Easiest way to get SIM card to CCGX for remote access?

I'm struggling hard to figure out the easiest way to connect the CCGX to wifi, via a SIM card for remote monitoring. It looks like the best solution is the GX GSM 4G (assuming the CCGX can use 4g?). But are there any other ways of inserting a SIM into the CCGX? A sim card USB dongle?

We already have the CCGX long range wifi module, but it is useless without a 4G network connection.

VRMCCGX Color Controlwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Richie Trent

I think this is what you're looking for.

GX LTE 4G - Victron Energy

Just found this on the below link:

"Note that the Cerbo GX does not support USB 3G/4G dongles, other than the GX GSM and GX LTE 4G accessories available from Victron."

3. Internet connectivity (victronenergy.com)

Alternatively you could get a 4g router (can get pretty small ones nowadays) and connect CCGX to it via wifi, but that's not the easiest solution.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richie-trent avatar image richie-trent commented ·

"Alternatively you could get a 4g router (can get pretty small ones nowadays) and connect CCGX to it via wifi, but that's not the easiest solution."

Exactly, but how would you connect the router to the CCGX via wifi? The CCGX does not have it's own internal wifi like the Cerbo GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ richie-trent commented ·
It has a WiFi Lan connection, just doesn't provide a WiFi service. Mine is connected exactly the way @matt1309 suggested.

If you go into the settings menu, scroll down, you'll find the WiFi option.

0 Likes 0 ·