question

thecreezo avatar image
thecreezo asked

ET112 Generator AC adds to AC Loads

Hi,

I have ET112 connected to Cerbo GX as Generator that measures AC that goes to battery charger.

I run the charger when the battery voltage drops bellow a treshold, it is simple AC to DC charger. There is no victron AC inverter so I measure load by DC Power.

My problem is that no matter what I configure, it always shows in AC Loads. It looks like it charges with 800W and also discharges with 800W at the same time with imaginary AC Loads that does not exist. DC Power shows correctly charging with -800W. From technical point of view it works, but shows nonsense.

Is there a way to show the generator only as power input?

My system is pretty simple, SmartSolar, BMV-712, no ESS, just DVCC, no victron inverters.

Thanks

cerbo gxVRMGeneratorEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
thecreezo avatar image
thecreezo answered ·

Another issue that adds up to this. Because generator is added as consumption, it counts real consumption twice.

Example:

Generator create 1kWh and stores in battery. Counts as consumption.

500Wh is drawn from battery. Counts as consumption.

Now in VRM I see 1.5kWh consumption, it makes no sense since real consumption is only 500Wh.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rustler223 avatar image rustler223 commented ·
Surely that is an easy fix for the Victron Tech team.. This equipment is supposed to be the GOLD standard but there is quite alot of these small bugs in the Cerbo GX..

0 Likes 0 ·