question

anacrhy2007 avatar image
anacrhy2007 asked

ET112 (Grid In) Cerbo shows as AC LOADS

Hi guys, I need some assitance please. I have 2 x ET112 energy meters connected to a cerbo GX. The first is setup as GRID METER and the 2nd as PV INVERTER. the GRID METER always shows as AC LOADS in VRM portal no matter how I set it up. Is there a way to change this show as AC INPUT?

The GRID METER is located upstream from the inverter (grid side, before inverter input).

1.jpg

2.jpg

cerbo gxEnergy Meter
1.jpg (35.2 KiB)
2.jpg (33.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

AFAIR the AC Loads displayed value is not necessarily measured, if there is no meter it is derived as the difference between AC-Out and PV Inverter.

Are you sure the ET112 is what is generating this value e.g. if you disconnect it what changes on the display?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anacrhy2007 avatar image anacrhy2007 commented ·

When the GIRD / Utillity power goes off (both energy meters have no power) then AC LOADS show as "-" and PV INVERTER icon dissappears, See image below:

3.jpeg

When "GRID METER" is disconnected from Cerbo GX it shows AC LOADS as "-"
5.jpeg
When both ET112 are connected then it display as follows. The values displayed seem to be real time actual values as measured through each energy meter and not a calculation. At this point the AC load through the utillity was 1.43KW and the PV INVERTER geneneration was at 722W which was the real time values as compared on each device.4.jpeg

1 Like 1 ·
3.jpeg (34.1 KiB)
5.jpeg (63.1 KiB)
4.jpeg (65.2 KiB)
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Have you got the ESS Assistant installed and running? If so, when the grid is off I would expect the PV that is on AC-Out to keep running and for the meter to show it correctly.

In the situations where there is a problem the inverter is shown as "OFF", is that intentional? It might have a bearing on the metering issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

anacrhy2007 avatar image anacrhy2007 commented ·

The inverter is not a victron inverter (yet). The MPPT was just replaced with a Smart Solar unit and the Cerbo Installed to track usage, the inverter will also be replaced with a quatro at a later stage. I am using the energy meter to track grid usage all in one place. The same goes for the PV Meter. Also the PV Inverter is connected upstream from the bidirectional inverter as it suplements loads to stables and worker housing that is not on the back-up system.

The issue seems to only be on VRM. On the cerbo GX screen it displays correctly.

6.jpeg

1 Like 1 ·
6.jpeg (79.3 KiB)
anacrhy2007 avatar image
anacrhy2007 answered ·

Anyhow I'm not looking to calculate any values I simply want to know if the GRID INPUT can be displayed as AC INPUT instead of AC LOADS in VRM?

2 comments
2 |3000

rustler223 avatar image rustler223 commented ·
Did you get a fix?
1 Like 1 ·
anacrhy2007 avatar image anacrhy2007 rustler223 commented ·
Nope, but I must mention this was a setup with all vitron equipment except for the inverter. Once a Multiplus II was installed it desplayed correctly and once ESS was setup it displayed all values from and even calculated the differences between each input and output and all the usages.
1 Like 1 ·