question

Drew Strobel avatar image
Drew Strobel asked

Multiplus Stopped showing AC Input Watts

On my Multiplus 48V 3000VA 35amp(charger), It no longer shows the AC input watts. It just shows 0 watts when connected to shore power. If I disconnect shore power it shows a dash(-) for AC input, so I know the inverter knows the shore power is connected.

It also does not shows any watts for AC load when shore is connected. When I disconnect shore power it will shows the load watts.

I can see on my generator screen and 48V battery screen that it is drawing lots of watts from shore and charging the battery. (See screenshots.)

This is a new install. It was all working initially, then when I checked again in about 30 minutes, the AC loads and Input where both showing zero. I had a constant 1400Watts draw on the inverter the whole time.

My inverter was on V501 and the Cerbo 2.92. I updated the cerbo GX to 2.93 and the multiplus to V502. Same issue persisted.

This is what it looked like with a constant 1400watt heater running off the inverter and the shore power connect to the generator. ( I know it says last updated 4 minutes ago, but it looked the same even when that said "realtime", the cerbo gx was updating when I took the screenshot. It showed 0 still after the update and it showed "realtime" again.)

screenshot-20230216-195021-vrm.jpg

Here is my generator screen showing the watts supplied to the multiplus at the same time the screenshot above was showing 0. It is an inverter generator that provides pure sine power.

screenshot-20230216-195101-fordpass.jpg

multiplus ve.businput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Drew Strobel avatar image
Drew Strobel answered ·

I solved this issue by plugging in headphones to the current sense port and then unplugging it.

More detailed solution is at the link below.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/victron-multiplus-stopped-showing-ac-input-watts.55384/#post-711409

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ford-donald avatar image ford-donald commented ·

Thanks for posting this, I had exactly the same problem with a MP II 120v after some wiring work and a firmware upgrade. Briefly inserting a headphone plug into the port (while it was on) immediately cleared the problem and also engaged the input current limiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
guido-lyons avatar image
guido-lyons answered ·

Thank you! My Multi-Plus II (installed 2 years ago, been working great) randomly stopped showing L1 input when plugged into external/shore power. The 1/8" headset plug worked! It shows input AC watts now!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic