question

aaronvogel avatar image
aaronvogel asked

VRM connection issues with Verizon hotspot

I've reviewed some questions/answers here already, as well as reviewed the VRM Online and Cerbo GX manuals. I'm unable to figure out exactly what the source of my VRM connection error is. Hoping someone with some networking background might be able to help me out.

The problem is this: specifically with my Verizon hotspot connection - not my home wifi, or the Starlink connection - I get error #159 with the error message reading

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ccgxlogging.victronenergy.c om', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30)

This is particularly frustrating because that exact error is used in the screen shot example of error #159 (the catch-all error) in the Cerbo GX manual, but with no explaination of the error!!

I've tried opening up things on the router (Teltonika RUT950) firewall, but I suspect it has more to do with Verizon's routing.

When I do a traceroute to ccgxlogging.victronenergy.com I get a lot of lines of *** even though it pings just fine at around 100-200ms.

So, is there anything I can set up in my router to sort this out? Or am I hosed on Verizon?

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers