question

Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese asked

Constant disconnection from VRM

I am experiencing a constant loss of connection to VRM. What I mean is my system is connected to the internet via cerbo + wifi I checked again this morning in the boat no issue with internet (I have 2 cameras streaming no issues) and not issue IP address from both ethernet (internal switch network) and wifi from cerbo (internet router) and yet I lose the connection multiple times a day. any issue with your cloud? I have the boat on anchor with geofence and I would like to ensure there is constant contact! thanks

screen-shot-2023-02-06-at-140306.png

VRMconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Daniele Calabrese.

The built in wifi of the Cerbo GX may not have enough strength for a reliable connection.

If it is possible, the best and permanent solution is a hardwired ethernet connection to a router.

If that is impossible, the next best thing might be an external USB long range wifi adapter with a large external aerial.

Those would be the things that I would try first, in that order.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniele Calabrese answered ·

thanks for the reply. not to be polemic I spent a lot of time on victron and I have pretty much all your decices but so fart I had to add another bluetooth the one since is not reliaable to connec to ruvi now asked to add either ethernet or external wifi, btw I had to add a ubs hub to add devices. I will try both 1) ethernet connection and/or 2) usb wifi, any you reccomend? thanks so much

2 |3000

Daniele Calabrese answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) do you reccoment I turn off the cerbo AP? as suggested here before either adding ethernet or another usb wifi? https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/114402/cerbo-wifi-wont-auto-connect-to-wifi.html

2 |3000

Related Resources