question

gr1pen avatar image
gr1pen asked

BMS to control remote on/off?

I just bought a Multiplus II 3000/48v and 16 LifePo4 cells. Im researching what BMS to get and leans to 123BMS.

I wonder if I need to get a power relay (to break connection between MP II and battery) for the BMS to control when to not allow charge/discharge or is it safe to let the BMS control the Remote On-Off switch of the Multiplus II? Or is that a stupid idea that I should just forget?

Multiplus-IIBMSRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

Look at the list of compatible battery management systems, a compatible BMS will be able to stop, start and control all aspects of the charge/discharge cycle.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gr1pen avatar image gr1pen commented ·

I just read this guide:

https://www.victronenergy.se/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

It confirms what you say and I understand it as I do not need a power relay, since the 123BMS has a "allow charge" and "allow dischage" relay to control the MPII with the assistants describe in above manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juraj Nikolov avatar image
Juraj Nikolov answered ·

I will recommend JK BMS just watch some about them

2 |3000