question

simon-jukes avatar image
simon-jukes asked

Monitor grid usage to charge battery

Hi all

Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction please on how to monitor the amount of grid energy used to charge batteries. I have a Multiplus 2, with grid tied PV on AC in, no circuits on AC1 out but do have some circuits on AC2 out

At night, I have a cheap rate tariff which I use to charge the batteries (schedules charge) on poor solar production days, but would like to see how much is actually used by the inverted to charge the batteries if possible.

Thanks

Simon

vrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@Simon Jukes

If it is just the night charge, that is easy, select the time period in the VRM in system overview and subtract what went to loads.

But during the day it may be more difficult, since the inverter cant really differentiate between grid and the AC PV, unless it is fully integrated into the GX.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-jukes avatar image simon-jukes commented ·
Cheers

Yes, it's just between 00:30 and 04:30 so solar will not be a factor, will give that a go

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic