question

stconseil avatar image
stconseil asked

Busbar vs fuse holder

Hi,
I am wondering why we should use 70v/250A busbar instead of a 70v/250A fuse holder ?
The busbar is usually twice the price and I don't understand why.
Any advice there ?
Thanks a lot.

fusesbusbar
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Need advice regarding busbars and fuses?

Have a look at Wiring Unlimited.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@stconseil

Bus bar is more expensive because of the copper. An bus bar is use for current sharing and avoiding lugs stacking. If you dont have a need for that then use the fuse holder.

BTW you can also get modular fuse holders.

1 Like 1 ·
stconseil avatar image stconseil Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The fuse holder has also a bus bar included, so what is the difference? Do you mean that the fuse holder bus bar is not in copper ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ stconseil commented ·
So what bus bar are you referring to that is more expensive and which is cheaper?

You get a bus bar for the modular fuses, yes. Are you referring to the lynx bus bar system?

0 Likes 0 ·
stconseil avatar image stconseil Alexandra ♦ commented ·

This bus bar (70v / 250 A) :busbar.png

is twice the price compare to this fuse holder :

fuse-holder.png

I dont't understand why .

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@stconseil

If you look at the datasheets for each product, you will see differences in bus bar dimensions and terminal material.

So the main difference would be install location. I would think the more expensive one can handle salty conditions better. (So marine application)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic