tim-heirman avatar image
tim-heirman asked

EV charging station - Historical Overview on loaded Power per day

Hello,

EV Charging Station
Currently only 2 widgets are available:

• EV Charger Summary
  • EV Charge Power (graph)

Currently in Widget EV Charger Summary 'Charging Time' is available.
When will 'Charged Power' become available?

Also you can define a "Energy price per kWh (€)" in the settings of EV charging station, but this not used anywhere.

When will there be a widget available so that you can easily create an overview on 'charged power' and the cost of this (taking the energy price per kWh into account) on daily / weekly / yearly basis?

Thanks in advance for your feedback on this

Kr

Tim

ev charging stationwidget vrmvrm app phone widgetpower
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christian-m-1 avatar image christian-m-1 commented ·
Hy i´m using EVCC. Works like a charm with victron, and displays history/export for each vehicle at the Victron charger.
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

That info is available on the webpage of the device. But noted, we will improve the VRM info as well. Thanks!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Yes, that's correct! That's what you have on the webpage. And as I said above, on the VRM side, more reports will be added.

2 |3000

joris-trooster avatar image
joris-trooster answered ·

I found a way to get the total energy in Home Assistant:

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    unique_id: ev_charger_total_energy
    name: "EV Charger Total Energy"
    resource: http://192.168.1.8/actualStateRead
    scan_interval: 60
    value_template: "{
  { value_json.totalEnergyCntr }}"
    device_class: energy
    unit_of_measurement: kWh

That is all! You can also add a utility meter for daily/weekly/monthly/yearly summaries:

utility_meter:
  ev_charger_energy_today:
    source: sensor.ev_charger_total_energy
    cycle: daily
  ev_charger_energy_this_week:
    cycle: weekly
  ev_charger_energy_this_month:
    cycle: monthly
  ev_charger_energy_this_quarter:
    cycle: quarterly
  ev_charger_energy_this_year:
    cycle: yearly
2 |3000

tim-heirman avatar image
tim-heirman answered ·

Hello Lucian,

According to me only total charging time / total charged power is available on the webpage of the device.
According to me there is no possibility to receive an overview on Daily / Monthly / Yearly basis for a selected period somewhere: can you confirm?
Also the setting of "Energy price per kWh (€)" is not used anywhere.
Can you please provide an indication when the requested overview (on 'charged power' and the cost of this (taking the energy price per kWh into account) on daily / weekly / yearly basis) will become available (in the VRM portal)?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kr

Tim

2 |3000

tim-heirman avatar image
tim-heirman answered ·

Can you provide an estimation (date) when this will become available?

1 comment
2 |3000

There is a community guideline saying Please do not ask the community when products, updates or approvals will be ready or available.

Doesn't help answering your question but helps speeding up the process developers need to spend on incorporating such features ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
joris-trooster avatar image
joris-trooster answered ·

Yes, how can I create a list of energy used of the EV? All charges I have used so far had this possibility. Necessary to declare costs to the employer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, on the webpage of the device there is an internal kWh counter that can be used, or the energy per session? We are working on adding on VRM the possibility to select a period and to provide the energy charged on that period.
1 Like 1 ·