question

rikesh avatar image
rikesh asked

Victron EV charger

Has the victron 22kW EV charger released yet? THis was mentioned in the Video "Flat Tesla Battery Saved y Victron"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj71Lk-2Y3w

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerev charging station
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinsola2023 avatar image martinsola2023 commented ·

Are the EV charger able work phase to phase connection also? It is clear the max power is then limited but it would allow me charge 400V*13A=5200W max instead 230V*13A=2990W

I have old house and two single phase grid meter. First floor is phase L1 and second floor is Phase L2 but it is one family and the CEE socket is 5x2,5mm² cable.

If the EV charger can only work with three phase did someone test generate the missed phase shift with an capacititor? In that case i would load 400V*7,5A*sqrt(3)=5196W

connection.jpg.

0 Likes 0 ·
connection.jpg (51.2 KiB)
5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its not one inverter its 3 inverters in 3 phase configuration 440v so 3 x 10KV Max is 30Kv or 3 x 8Kw is 24Kv etc etc

you can make any size you want really

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rikesh avatar image rikesh commented ·

I meant the 22 kW victron EV charger that was shown in this video, is this available now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B rikesh commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/evchargingstation

This link gives you the required info currently it says not available and no ETA

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ rikesh commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
paulcupine avatar image
paulcupine answered ·

Will the Victron EV charger support vehicle to home, so one can use the vehicle as an extra battery?

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

That's something that the vehicle should be able to do first, and there are only few. And another problem, unfortunately there is no standard yet for vehicle to grid (V2G)

6 comments
2 |3000

klandos avatar image klandos commented ·
Sure there is!

ISO 15118-20 defines V2G and there are already chargers that are capable of that, thus no car is able to do that

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ klandos commented ·
Yes, each brand is doing differently
0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image klandos Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

the ones I know do it exactly the same way as per specification.

Sure the wallbox needs to be able to make hlc communication.

Is the victron charger capable of that or only pwm based?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ klandos commented ·
This version only PWM
1 Like 1 ·
Al avatar image Al klandos commented ·
@KLandos The Hyundai Ioniq 5 does (V2L) Vehicle to Load @ 3.6kW, so I assume that can also be used as V2G with a bidirectional charger?
0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image klandos Al commented ·
Ioniq 5 is only able to make a off grid. So its (at the moment) not able to do v2g, but this may could be only a software restriction.
0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Coram avatar image
Simon Coram answered ·

I know this sounds a dumb question but does the ev charger connect to a fuse box feed or to the MPPT/ inverter.

2 comments
2 |3000

Al avatar image Al commented ·

It has to be separately fused. I'm interested to see how it will work in a Venus system to use excess solar, as in theory a similar product could also more efficiently use excess solar for water heating / diversion loads, which is still missing from Victron and would be better than using assistant logic as many do currently.

0 Likes 0 ·

It is connected to AC line, single or 3phase

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The evcs is not altering the current in any way, there is just a big 40A contactor inside, that is allowing the current to flow into the vehicle. I have no idea if the vehicle is capable to charger like you're describing above. You'll have to check it with the manufacturer.

1 comment
2 |3000

martinsola2023 avatar image martinsola2023 commented ·

OK, understood. The victron EV charger will not convert because it is AC charger and not DC charger. It will only control the flow. The AC-DC convert will do the onboard car charger. I only found Škoda Enyaq iV 50 and e-Golf and e-up have onboard can charge phase to phase i checked but the technology is faced out because efficiency and jump into SIC semiconductor technology. New onboard charger need phase to neutral or three phases to be efficient. I should wait for Victron AC-DC wallbox allow also V2G for future.

0 Likes 0 ·