question

homa avatar image
homa asked

Victron Blue Smart IP22 12/30 (1) - How to connect to Bluetooth Interface

hello to all,

I am using the Blue Smart IP22 12/30 (1) to load and recondition car batteries. It works well and I like that it communicates its state on Voltage and Current via Bluetooth.

Motivation:
At this point, using the Android VictronConnect app, I am missing the option to integrate with my building control infrastructure in order. The use case is to trigger notifications if any of the parameters reach a determined value. For example know when the battery is charged or look at the current and voltage curves to determine more detailed what the battery health really is.... etc...

Question:
Could someone make the protocol (used on Bluetooth) as well as the Victron BlueSmart APIs available so I can develop a (RasPi based) Monitor, similar to what the VictronConnect does.

Any pointers, help, suggestions are well received.

Kind regards,

homa

chargerBluetoothmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the only way you can get this sort of info is to use a venus GX and conect to the victron VRM and then you can set allarms that can be emailed to you at set voltages and other paramiters etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

homa avatar image
homa answered ·

I disagree. The Android app does communicate w/ the Blue Smart IP22 directly... there is no venus GX involved, nor a VRM.

I was hoping that some of the Victron developers are also monitoring this community and will be able to provide insight to the protocol on the BT transport.

2 |3000

esselite avatar image
esselite answered ·

I would love to see this type of feature in the charger. Pushing charging parameters in some standard protocol like modbus, so I could log real time information to my home assistant database. This could be shared to bluetooth gateway made from Esp32.

Xiaomi is doing this with their BT termometers and it works perfectly fine. Why not in charger?

I assume, other Victron devices would not need to be required, which is less i come to the company.

2 |3000

PVTex avatar image
PVTex answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic