question

foto avatar image
foto asked

What is the password to edit VE.Bus MultiPlus settings on VictronConnect?

MK3 multiplus v5.8beta1., mac os VictronConnect. password ?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
foto avatar image
foto answered ·

yes "ZZZ"

thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

MK3 and VictronConnect?

With a MK3 and MultiPlus you have to use VEConfig.

VictronConnect is for Bluetooth and VE.direct.

The default VictronConnect PIN is 000000

8 comments
2 |3000

foto avatar image foto commented ·

yes MK3 and VictronConnect app mac os

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ foto commented ·

Oh, that's new and interesting.

The notes on that site says:

Settings and firmware updates are password protected to avoid unwanted changes, the password is the same used for the access level in our GX devices (Color Control GX, Venus GX..)

If I remember correctly that password should be "ZZZ".

0 Likes 0 ·

The public beta of VictronConnect for VE.Bus has just been released.

For many features VEConfigure is still required.

0 Likes 0 ·
foto avatar image foto Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

works with old multi 19xxxx?

0 Likes 0 ·

Please ask this in a new question so others can also find the answer

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager, I've been trying to find a post on this forum that explains why we cannot use VictronConnect / VE.Bus Smart Bluetooth Dongle to configure VE.Bus devices.

I imagine that Multis and the like are among Victron's best selling devices. Why would Victron not make at least a back quick configure available through VictronConnect via Bluetooth for them?

I think I read once (perhaps from @mvader (Victron Energy Staff) somewhere) that this is a constraint that stems from the design of VE.Bus vs VE.Direct but I don't understand the details beyond that.

Interested. It is a real PITA having to use MK3 on installs. I am a Mac User and this means VirtualBox and Windows and taking my Mac onto sites. It is seriously schleppy.

It would be ideal to be able to use VictronConnect via Bluetooth on my iPhone instead.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

It’s a good question, but not the one being asked here. Please create a new one so others can also find the answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Wilco - check new post

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources