question

manel-conesa avatar image
manel-conesa asked

Wiring 5 parallel batteries with IP22 w/3 outputs

Hi!

First of all apologies for my ignorance on this topic, I'm trying the DIY :) I hope this diagram helps...

Battery charger: Victron Energy Blue Power Charger IP22 3 Outputs 12V

Questions:

• Are the Positive busbar(s) correct? Is it possible to wire it like this with the objective of charging 2 batteries from 1 Victron Output?
  • What would be the size of the wire (AWG) I would need for the positive connections? I saw 6AWG for a distance of 8 feet. Is that correct?
  • Would be the size also for the wires in section2 (blue rectangle)?
  • The fuses should be 30A?

Thank you in advance!

screenshot-2023-01-09-at-094759.png

battery chargingwiringwiring diagramsetup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Potentially one battery can take the full output of the charger, so size all wires and fuses for 30A. Hope you're not mixing battery chemistries. Otherwise looks ok.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manel-conesa avatar image manel-conesa commented ·

Thanks, @kevgermany Much appreciated

Checking the user manual, I see in the section "Enclosure":

1673272860049.png

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Blue_Smart_IP22_Charger_manual_230V/Blue_Smart_IP22_Charger-en.pdf

Just wondering if I can use AWG6 for 30A, or should I use something like 10AWG or 12AWG?

*I'm not mixing battery chemistries

0 Likes 0 ·
1673272860049.png (37.6 KiB)
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ manel-conesa commented ·
You can only go to the max size in the manual. I think you're going to find that it's a snug fit.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic