question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Smart Battery Sense

If the Smart Battery sense is used can it be read by a Cerbo GX and therefore seen on VRM , i only want a way to see the correct Voltage at my Batteries , the Cerbo shows aprox up to half a volt higher on the VE Bus sumary Charge and aprox up to half a volt low Charge Controler Sumary but the variation amount changes depending if charging or discharging so its very frustrating when i have to physicly go out and take a reading with a multimeter . I have an Old style Blue Solar MPPT with the screen and 4 buttons so cant cuple it to that .

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Smart Battery Sense does not communicate with a CerboGX, it's designed to work with the Bluetooth MPPTs ans IP43 charger.
Depending upon which VE.Bus device you have, maybe it has a Vsense port on it and you could get battery terminal Voltage that way?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Or I believe you can install a temp sensor directly on the Cerbo?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual