question

rafael-mx avatar image
rafael-mx asked

quattro 48/5000/70 + 2 pylontech US2000C = no bms communication

IMG-20221221-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20221221-WA0020.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_142719.png
Hello.
I installed a backup system (Back up mode) for an office. Includes 1 victron Quattro 48/5000/70 inverter + 2 pylontech US2000C+cerbo gx .
  The problem is that when starting the system, the cerbo did recognize the bms of the 2 batteries for a few minutes, but later it did not recognize the bms again.
The cable conforming to the pin out was changed for type A cable, tried with type 5, type 6 cable and finally with the cable that victron sells. The cable was also installed in the ve.can port with a terminator and finally in the can.bms without terminator (actually Tx ok but any Rx and no errors) and with no wire communicated. The batteries were also moved.
I updated the firmware of the cerbo from 2.75 to 2.92 and I did the same when I changed the cables and the batteries position (which will be the most stable version for US2000C batteries?).
I suspect that it could be the version of the cerbo or the pylontech batteries, but no supplier or mabager of victron or pylontech in Mexico or latinoamerica or Spain answered me (they haven't given me a solution for more than 1 month).
In the past, I repaired cell phones and I had experience changing the charge controllers of inflated batteries, so I solved some failures by changing the controllers or updating the firmware (it could be a programming problem with the cerbo having only 2 x 50Ah batteries instead of 4 as recommended as minimun? for 5000VA quattro inverter?).
Please help.

cerbo gxPylontechvrm firmware update
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Rafael Mx

Have you kept pins 1-3 not connected as stated in the pylon manual on page8

0 Likes 0 ·
rafael-mx avatar image rafael-mx Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra Yes of course. I have read all manual and FAQ related to this topics with no answer yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ rafael-mx commented ·

Is there a mix of newer and older pylontec modules?

The newer ones must be master.

The can connection must have pins 1-3 empty or not connected.

The older batteries always had communication, the newer firmwares share more information like cell min and max values. Other than maybe missing some information due to older pylontec firmware, there should be comms like bms cvl and ccl.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers