question

tobbo166 avatar image
tobbo166 asked

Avoid battery drain when charging EV

c90f0032-6784-4259-a71f-6b1747716ed9.jpegHi!

Installing:

3 x Victron Multiplus II 5000 kVA

3 x Victron Transfer Switches

1 x Cerbo GX

15 kWh LiFePO4 battery bank

BMS

Current setup:

PV Array + SMA inverter

House with 3 x 20 A power in from grid

MyEnergi Zappi V2, capable of +11 kW 3-phase charging

Tesla Model 3, capable of 11 kW 3-phase charging

Scheme shows car charger connected between utility company electric meter and SMA meter (PV).

Is the Cerbo GX or the inverters (which, or both?) aware of current going from right to left from L to L1, when transfer switch relays are energised (grid connected)?

If not, must not EV charging with this setup drain the battery bank? Regardless of me putting it where it is in the scheme, or if I moved it to the right, at the house loads side (“Husets last”)?

AC IN on the inverters are bidirectional.

I want to achieve physical decoupling of the car charger from the Victron System, as mentioned by Mr Boekel:

https://community.victronenergy.com/users/3218/danvic.html

• In this post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/27166/multigrid-stop-discharging-battery-based-on-extern.html

However that post manages a product called Multigrid.

In the post is mentioned connecting car charger before the grid meter. I believe that is against the law in Sweden. It is currently connected as in the scheme.

Thanks,

Multiplus-IIbatteryev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Our (Victron) charging station is already doing this.
1672135954270.png

1672135954270.png (99.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tobbo166 avatar image tobbo166 commented ·
Is this a Victron EV charging system?

I have MyEnergi Zappi V2 and I never want to charge the car from the battery bank. How do I accomplish that please? Can I connect as in my scheme or will the EV drain the battery bank?

0 Likes 0 ·