question

nuxland avatar image
nuxland asked

SmartShunt as DC Generator

I have configured and AC generator and then MeanWell AC/DC power supply to charge my 3 phase multiplus system with one phase AC Generator. It works just fine, but I can not get information to VRM dashboard. I can only see smartshunt information in venus OS device list.

1st screenshot of system before starting generator

img-1448.png

2nd screenshot after starting the generatorimg-1449.png

3rd screenshot of device list where I can see what generator is producing alongside smartshunt info

img-1450.png

I would be nice if I could see this SmartShunt at the bottom of VRM also (the same place where my MULTI is right now) but can not figure out how to get the info there.

Here is my smartshunt configuration:

img-1452.png

SmartShunt
img-1448.png (310.4 KiB)
img-1449.png (300.5 KiB)
img-1450.png (387.9 KiB)
img-1452.png (189.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nuxland avatar image nuxland commented ·
SmartShunt is connected to my LynxDistributor. That's the reason MULTI is showing -857W but Lynx Shunt is showing 2252W. In second picture the house is actually run by generator and the leftover is added to battery :)

And I have tried different "DC meter type" but not been able to get it showing in VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I do not know if integration of the DC energy meter function is fully completed for Cerbo display and VRM. You can use the custom widget in Advanced view to graph the current but I have not seen how to view it in the Dashboard.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nuxland avatar image nuxland commented ·

Yea, I know I can see it in advanced view but the place where in my picture is "MULTI" it is also possible, because one person was writing he got it there: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/96120/victron-smartshunt-as-a-energy-meter.html

In january this year I found some answers that it will be in VRM also.

Also in smartshunt manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/SmartShunt/en/all-features-and-settings.html#UUID-a8b42cd2-2e6d-c938-d60c-4ae2beea0e0a

"When connected to a GX device, the type, the current and the power is shown in the user interface, and this information is also available on the VRM Portal."

0 Likes 0 ·