question

dandenson avatar image
dandenson asked

'blue' temp sensor for smart shunt, cant use for relay on temp?

I have an MPPT, a Cerbo S GX, and a smart shunt with the 'blue' temp probe attached and I'm getting temps from the shunt, shows in VRM and victron connect etc, ie temps are being read.

However, I can't get the readings from the temp probe to show up in the Cerbo S GX 'relay'/'temperature' so I can flip the relay based on that temp.
I've rebooted the Cerbo S GX.

I can't seem to find any config I'm missing on the Cerbo to use this data. Have I missed something simple?

Thanks.

cerbo gxSmartShuntTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I'm just guessing.

DVCC enabled with SCS, SVS and STS enabled with smart shunt defined as STS?

Smart shunt selected as default battery monitor, or selected when set to auto?

If yes to all the above, beats me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dandenson avatar image
dandenson answered ·

Yes to all of those. I have the 'limits' disabled in DVCC but everything else is on and the shut is set as the temp sensor. I've tried auto and setting it fixed.

2 |3000

dandenson avatar image
dandenson answered ·

My distributor is saying that this isn't supported, but the Cerbo manual says it is. Specifically shows the SmartShunt and STS, and I'm seeing the smart shunt in STS. I'm at a loss here, frustrating that I keep finding little things that seem to work on the surface but then dont AFTER I have purchased and deployed hardware.

I'm literally doing what the manual says on using the temp and relay to turn on a battery heater, it's their chosen example in the manual.

frustrated.

2 |3000