question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

How to have Smartshunt mid point voltage measure and Temperature at same time?

Hello,

In some offgrid installations, using 150V Smartsolar MPPTs, I need to have both temperature compensation and mid point voltage measuring in a 48V battery bank. Additionally, being a remote site, it will have a CerboGX and a Smartshunt.

I was assuming I could use the AUX port of smartshunt to have the mid point measuring and the temperature sensor input on the CerboGX to have the temperature. But in a recent test, I got doubts because in a VenusGX I have for tests I couldn't select the Temperature Sensor in DVCC.

So, I ask the forum, can this be achieved?

cerbo gxVenus OSSmartShuntTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·
I'm aware the temperature sensors must be different models, depending if connect to Smartshunt or GX device. I'm using the correct models.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

I think this works:

In Venus OS, one must select the right type of GX Sensor (ASS000001000) setup page:

1646830637621.png

If use Generic, it won't show in DVCC. But used as Battery Sensor, we will be able to use it in DVCC. Anyone can confirm this is ok?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Elimac,

yes, if you chose Battery as the type of the temperature sensor, it will appear in the DVCC menu, where you can select it as temperature sensor for the battery.

2 |3000