question

khargreaves avatar image
khargreaves asked

I don’t know which battery is which in my installation.

On my sailboat, I have 5 Victron 300 ah smart lithium batteries my installation. They were not identified as to which battery is which when they were installed. Using Victron Connect, I can see all the batteries, their serial numbers and their data but I cannot tell which data goes with which battery. I would like to know identify each battery without removing them which would be very difficult on my boat. Is there a way to do that? I have tried to remove the 3 wire interface cable from one of the batteries but that just shut the whole system down. I have a Cerbo GX and a Lynx 500 Smart BMS. All this was installed in November of 2021.

Lithium BatteryVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@khargreaves

You can assign a custom name to each battery in VictronConnect. See the VictronConnect manual for details.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

But this should have been done during the installation or the installer should have placed the spare stickers (there are 2 with each battery) with the serial numbers on a place that is visible after the installation.

Now it is too late for that.

@khargreaves You can try to heat up the batteries on the top individually with a hairdryer to identify them.

0 Likes 0 ·
khargreaves avatar image khargreaves commented ·
Thanks but I don’t know which one is which. But I like the heat up the batteries idea if I cannot do it some other way.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources