question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

Multiplus 2 left over after upgrade, what to do with it?

I have upgraded my MP2 24 3000 to a 5000.
Now I wonder what I can do with this MP2. Do you have any ideas? Or should I just sell it?

Multiplus-IIVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

This "Multi" in MultiPlus refers to it being multifunctional in that it is a "charger" and an "inverter".

You could thus come up with uses for either a charger or an inverter.

One possible such use would involve connecting the second MultiPlus AC Input to a generator and connecting it to the same DC bus as your 5kVA. Connect it to your GX device with an MK3 USB and then use it as a battery charger - and you can tune the VE.Configure settings accordingly so the AC Input accepts the generator.

You then end up with a site like this (pretend the Quattro is a MultiPlus-II 5kVA). The MP2 3kVA will show as charging when the generator is running and you can remote start the generator based on SoC from the GX:

1670585141602.png

1670585141602.png (160.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mryoshii avatar image mryoshii commented ·

Thanks for your command, but a generator is unfortunately not an option since fuel prices are extremely high in my area.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mryoshii commented ·
Sell it, there is loads of demand. If you mention the manufacture date from the serial number it may make it easier for someone else to parallel it with an older system.
0 Likes 0 ·