question

heinvdb avatar image
heinvdb asked

ESS multiplus II 48/5000 Strange behavior. charge/discharges continuously

Hello,

I have a Multiplus II 48/5000 GX, ESS system Parralel connected with current sensor. Everything is connected on the AC-IN. There are no loads on the AC-out. I have a solar inverter but no current sensor for that. It has a 18 cell LiFePo4 battery with JK-BMS. There is no communication between the BMS and the Victron GX.

Mostly it works fine, but sometimes (not always) when there is not enough solar It has a strange behavior. On my BMS I can see that It switches to charge/discharge continuously within a second. (+10A/-10A). Also you can hear that the inverter is has to work hard. The ventilation is working. The Victron dashboard shows also something weird:

The "mains on" and "inverter on" blinks. The bulk led is orange. But this is a situation that is not possible. It is getting more power from the grid and battery than it needs power for the loads.

The battery percentage is also showing wrong values because of this problem.

When this happens, I can solve it by turn off physically the Multiplus and power it back on. Or, everything goes back to normal when the sun can provide enough solar power to provide the loads and charge the battery.

Could this be an error in my settings?

Multiplus-IIESSVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
heinvdb avatar image
heinvdb answered ·

I have done a firmware update from 470 to 481 and from V2.63 to V2.65~9. The weird behavior hasn't happend since then. So hopefully it is solved.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.