question

randyoo avatar image
randyoo asked

Off-grid PV Inverter support on AC IN - respond to frequency changes

In all of my searching, I can only find configuration options to modify the behavior of Multis/Quattros by changing the frequency on the AC Output. But I'm still a novice in the Victron world, so maybe I've overlooked something?

What I'd like to achieve is change battery charge/discharge parameters based on the frequency of AC Input. As far as I can see, this isn't possible, but I'd appreciate being corrected if I'm mistaken!

My goal is to use Multi to:

• keep SoC > XX% (or keep a minimum DC Voltage)
  • if frequency > XX, charge batteries (ideally, current increases with frequency)
  • if frequency < XX, discharge batteries (via PowerAssist or Ignore AC?)

The purpose of this is to interact with an existing off-grid system in a supportive way. Grid-tied inverters will curtail their output in response to rising frequency. To avoid "wasting" that energy, I'd like my Multis to store power in the battery, until the excess condition is gone, then give this energy back again until the batteries approach empty.

I'd prefer to use an Assistant or Virtual Switch over something like Node Red, but I don't see the functionality there. Am I missing something?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargeroffgridfrequencyac couplingin
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers