question

Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese asked

Advance dashbord cannot see a shunt used to monitor wind connected via ve.bus/usb

I added a splitter USB so now I have a shunt connect as DC meter for wind via ve.bus-usb since by ve.bus ports however in advance I cannot see that to select widget for the data dashboard I can see other devices shunt, mppt, usb-gps but not this device. can someone help

SmartShuntVE.Busbusbar
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Do you have the latest firmware on the Cerbo GX.

Can you see the new shunt on the Cerbo.

On VRM if you go to Device List is the new shunt listed. If it is then perhaps try a custom widget to see if that will pick up the data. I do not know if Victron have completed the VRM updates for energy meters.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image Daniele Calabrese pwfarnell commented ·

1) yes I can see it in the cerbo see attached image

2) it is in the device list of VRM see attached

3) I did what you suggest and created a custom widget and works so maybe feedback from victron to add it to the list of decices to add the widgets @mvader (Victron Energy)

screen-shot-2022-12-02-at-100136.pngscreen-shot-2022-12-02-at-100056.pngscreen-shot-2022-12-02-at-095724.pngscreen-shot-2022-12-02-at-095752.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.00.56.png

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell Daniele Calabrese commented ·
That is good information because I have a SmartShunt ready to install as a DC energy meter so I know it can be seen in VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Answered see above in comments, in VRM Advanced view, shunts configured as DC energy meters can be graphed using custom widgets.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources