notger avatar image
notger asked

CAN Values sent from EMUS G1 to Victron - 2022

@Bricki

writes in one Comment

on the Cerbo GX and Touch 50 you can see
- Voltage, current, state of charge and state of health, battery temperature
- desired charging voltage and charging current and max discharging current
the last three values are interpreted as DVCC values which the Cerbo gives to a connected VE.Bus charger like the Multi series. 
Furthermore you can see every alarm message.

Im allready using a EMUS G1, but sadly an old an incompatible (to Victron.img Firmware) Hardware Version from 2018.

So i cannot test the CAN Bus Connection to Victron by myself without buying a new G1 Unit.

For my growing second Life Battery Packs i need/want to log and see the

• lowest/highest individual Cell Voltage and Temperature
  • ideally the actual individual Cell voltages
  • and the data stated by @bricki in 2021

Could someone please send some screenshot from the actual sent data between EMUS G1 and Victron. ideally also the visualisation in VRM.

(Im asking about that cause im kind of thinking about switching to RECBMS cause in this article and also in their Manuals i can see that all neded Data is sent via CAN https://www.offgridsoftwaresolutions.com/ws500-user-forum/topic/connecting-my-rec-bms-to-a-victron-cerbo/#postid-529)

but that would mean kind of an rebuild of my batterie packs an in genernal im really happy with the EMUS

I contacted the EMUS Support several time, they are fast and helping, but cannot support me in my question, just telling me "CANBUS between EMUS and Victron is supported"

So its a question of REAL-LIFE-EXPERIENCE and sadly not readable in manuals

how did those people experiences turned out who asked those question in past.

@Emmanuel Allaud @Asbjoern85 @arghhh40k @Kai Behrends @Jokani

thanks in advance

NotGernot

VRMBMSVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers