question

treejohnny avatar image
treejohnny asked

Cerbo GX device is not able to turn Victron inverters back on.

I have two 10kw inverters in split phase (everything functioning good) attached to Cerbo GX/touch 70. Everything set up fine, same cat5 wires as I have use for years on other installs and I am able to see inverters and L1/L2 info, turn off inverters thru GX device but I am not able to use connected Cerbo to turn inverters back on?

I have tried different cat 5 cables along with updating inverter firmware and Cerbo GX firmware.

Any ideas on what else to check for?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pv-andy avatar image pv-andy commented ·

Hello, I have actucal the same problem, also with a three phase system.
Multiplus-II dosen't re-switch ON over Remote Console

The restart is only posible by removing the VE.bus cable.

When the Multis are connected via MK3-USB adapter to my computer, the switching in VictronConnect works perfectly.

Firmware

Cerbo: v2.93

MultiPlus: 501

0 Likes 0 ·

Has no one had this problem or any other ideas?

I have asked my supplier.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi treejohnny,

I noticed that my Multiplus only shows this behavior when it is in island mode. When the grid is connected to the AC-IN and active, the inverter can be switched on again. Does your system behave the same way?

Currently I have started a request with my supplier for a check of the cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
jan-aqs avatar image
jan-aqs answered ·

Hello, I had the same problem with a three fase system. I could only reset/restart by removing the cat cable connected to the GX device and inverters started again by them selfs. I had the impression the fault generated and on the VE.Bus stay's high in the GX device and comes in a loop.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pv-andy avatar image
pv-andy answered ·

I received a new Cerbo from my supplier and with it the control of the MPs works perfectly again.

2 |3000