question

elvistherv avatar image
elvistherv asked

Remotetly turn assistants on or off

I'm using assistants on my Quattro to ignore AC to maximise solar charging by keeping my (Lithium) battery bank between 80% and 95% charged.

However, in order for my (passive) battery balancing using my BMS (Batrium) to occur I need periodically to allow the AC to fully charge the batteries and keep them there for an hour or so for the full balancing process to complete.

Is there a way to turn an assistant on and off remotely using a Cerbo and NR, MQTT, etc.?

I can't see any MQTT topics relating to Assistants, could I maybe use the relays some way?

Of course, ultimately using the "Irradiated" setting on the MPPT relays would be nice so that the assistant(s) are ON when the sun is out and OFF when it's dark!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxMQTTAssistantsbatrium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @ElvisTheRV

I don't believe that Assistants can be turned on and off. But you could look at adding in more to override them when necessary. Eg. With a signal to an Aux port you could force AC on. Or if it's a regular thing, even a time delay within the logic to do what you want periodically. You may need to put some thought into doing this.. how inventive are you? :)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elvistherv avatar image elvistherv commented ·
I’ve ended up rolling my own with Node Red and Hubitat.

Got it so it can be manually overridden and stops ignoreing AC overnight (at this time of year there is 0 chance that solar will charge the usage used overnight anyway).

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ elvistherv commented ·
@ElvisTheRV

Ha, a rise to the 'inventive' challenge. Good work.

0 Likes 0 ·