question

bekenbuilt avatar image
bekenbuilt asked

How to monitor grey/ water tanks via Cerbo GX? When do I need a GX Tank?

I've seen a thread on tank monitoring but I am still confused. I am using a Cerbo GX. Please explain to me like I'm a 5 year old... lol. There are a lot of 'big brains' in these forums and sometimes it goes over my head.

When do you use just the Cerbo GX for tank monitoring?

When do I need to add the GX Tank?

When do I use a float sensor verse a pressure sensor?

Please include links for pressure switches or anything else I need... I prefer to buy high quality stuff that doesn't break.

Thank You! I really appreciate the help!

cerbo gxtank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

You connect tank sensors to the Cerbo if the sensor signal output is resistive 0-300Ohm max range. You connect tank sensors to the GX tank 140 if the sensor signal output is voltage 0-10V max range or current 4-20mA. The sensor specs will define what signal output they use. This means it is cheaper to use resistive senders.

I successfully use pressure on water, waste and fuel with tank heights of 30cm to 50cm (12" to 20" ). They were on the boat when I got it with LCD indicators and are voltage so I had to but a GX tank, UK company https://www.mcsboatproducts.co.uk. Others may be able to recommend resistive senders.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.