question

jesusginard avatar image
jesusginard asked

Fronius + Multiplus + Pylontech grabbing 10% from grid, why?

Hi all!

I have a Fronius Primo 6.0.2 with a Victron Multiplus II and 3 Pylontech 3000c batteries.

And during this first week I've seen how the system is grabbing roughly 10% of the energy from the grid, when there is enough solar power and batteries. Is this expected behaviour?

img-9625.png

Multiplus-IIgridFronius
img-9625.png (367.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@jesusginard@gmail.com

It depends on what your grid set point is.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Craig Robinson avatar image
Craig Robinson answered ·

I have seen a similar problem I had it set up and when setting the grid set point to 50W it starts charging, even though the Fronius is connected on the AC input side of the inverter there is no DC connected so the PV inverter can't charge. if I sett the grid set point 150W the Victron will charge the batteries in fact the more you up that grid sett point the more current the inverter will charge,

I getting a bit disillusioned with this system not as great as its made out to be I have installed other hybrid systems and they just work and easier to install.

Sorry not help but try setting grid sett point to zero it might work

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.