question

tg1 avatar image
tg1 asked

Phoenix Smart Charger 12/50 3x parallel, not full output on genset

Hi all,

I've got a 12vdc system setup in a trailer (component list below). I've got 3x Phoenix Smart Charger 12/50 1+1's in parallel charging a 1200ah battery bank. I've noticed that I get full output on bulk charge using mains power 150a up to abs charge voltage - the building I've connected to has a 20kw solar array & I've measured 250vac/50hz at a GPO.

I have an auto start Kubota 5ka diesel genset, setup to run off SOC. Which at offload idle produces 240vac/50hz. Onload it drops some RPM and produces 230vac/48-49hz (it is allowed to fall to 225vac/46.5hz before under volt/frequency alarm but doesn't under the load of the 3 chargers alone.) When the set is onload I've only ever seen 110a up to abs charge voltage.

Related components list:

- BMV-712 - VE Smart Network enabled

- 3x Phoenix Smart Charger 12/50 1+1 - VE Smart Network enabled

- Cerbo GX

- Kubota 5kva diesel with autostart controller

- Mains/Gen transfer switch

- 4x 12vdc 300ah internal BMS battery

Cable size, fusing & bussing is all adequate for the current & cable lengths. Have adequate cooling on devices, air temp in trailer while set runs is around 40c.

What could be causing this? Should the VE Smart network effect this?

My suspicion is that the lower voltage & frequency produced by the genset are causing the lower charge output. But I welcome any thoughts.

chargerGeneratorPhoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop