question

yuriy-boot avatar image
yuriy-boot asked

Best settings for quick charge

Hello guys! In Ukraine we have a problems with electricity because of war so I have AC power on and off every 4 hour. So I want to modify my inverter settings to for better and faster batteries charging. Can you please help me with it because I'm newbie ? Should I change charge voltage or DC-input shut-down to save my batteries? Or maybe something else. Please, help. My setup:

• Multiplus II 24/3000/230
  • 2 Victron batteries 220Ah GEL (series 24V)
  • Victron Battery Balancer
  • AC grid 40A max
  • Average load 1000 W
Multiplus-IIbattery chargingsafety
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi Yuri

Is this inverter setup for the grid interactive?

You need to supply all the settings for the inverter here.

With 2x small 220 Ah batteries gives you about 5.2kw of power but because of the GEl type only about 50% can be used to keep the batteeris in top condition and to last the longer in life etc.

If you can add more batteries for longer storage etc.

The battery charge settings should be set as battery manufactures settings?

To change settings in the inverter do you have the interface MK3 to USB?

As the inverter has standard settings preset but these can be changed but you need the inteface etc to do this.

Max charge current is 70Amps.

Their is a small switch under the inverter for inverter off and charger mode leave it on charger mode to charge only until grid goes down?

PV would another charge option if you had it with a MPPT charge controller.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

Slave Ukraine

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·
"Slave Ukraine" ... on the Point
0 Likes 0 ·