question

tbecks avatar image
tbecks asked

Deregister devices from VRM and register new ones

Hi.

I would like to exchange my Victron Smart Inverter for a Multiplus2.

What are the steps (CERBO/ VRM) to "deregister" the old device and re-integrate the Multiplus? Is there anything to watch out for?

Thank you for any information.

Multiplus-IIVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Do you want to retain any data from your old installation, that is the only real issue?
Just go to your VRM Settings > General for your old installation, scroll down the page and it tells you how to just delete the installation and data ("Delete this installation" reboot the Cerbo), OR, how to replace the installation and keep the data... follow the instructions.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
This answer relates to swapping the Cerbo , the original question is to just swap the inverter in an existing set up.
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I believe that the procedure is remove the old inverter then add the new inverter then reboot the Cerbo and it will delete the old device and connect to the new one. You will then need to update settings for the new device on the Cerbo and on the inverter itself. On VRM you go to the devices tab and it should list the new inverter and probably the old one as well and give you the option to delete the old one. Someone may need to correct a few details, I have removed and added new devices just never an inverter. With the inverter being the "heart" of the system you may need to double check the choice of battery monitor and any settings you have in DVCC for things like temperature sensor to share, current limits set up for the inverter input from grid or generator.

2 |3000

tbecks avatar image
tbecks answered ·

Thank you for the information

2 |3000