question

monochromatic avatar image
monochromatic asked

Sump pump backup using Victron inverter and charger?

Hi, I've read all the relevant posts on the forum including this one but it's a slightly different use case.

I need a battery backup solution for my 110v sump pump, which draws an average of 700W (startup is usually around 1000W briefly). I can't do a 12v backup pump because of the small size of the sump pit (it's in my driveway).

It seems like this product on Amazon does what I need, which is basically an inverter/charger that automatically switches over to the battery when the power goes out. However, I would much rather spend the money on Victron because of the quality, even if it costs a couple hundred more.

So, that's led me down the path of getting a Victron Blue Smart battery charger and a Phoenix 12 1200 inverter instead. It sounds like it can do the same job, with the exception of automatically switching over when the power's out. With just those two parts, the sump pump would always be powered off the battery, right?

If I wanted it to switch over to the inverter/battery ONLY when the power's out, it seems like I would need a Multiplus Compact, but that also appears to be overkill for my scenario.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

chargerPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic