question

Javier Pardo avatar image
Javier Pardo asked

Suggestion: Include ETA in battery information

I think it would be interesting to be able to include in the VRM portal an ETA (estimated time of arrival) field for a fixed percentage of the battery.

If in the VRM portal we have the solar production in real time and the battery charge percentage, I think it would be possible to make a small calculation to know when the battery will reach 100% or any other percentage that we can define.

On days with little or unstable solar production, it can be interesting to predict when we will reach a certain percentage of SOC to be able to start up extra consumption, such as charging the vehicle or running a washing machine.

I suppose that the Victron engineers will not think the same as me, but I believe that this should not cause great difficulty in its implementation and many users would appreciate it.

Thanks for read me.

battery chargingVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That's a pretty good idea I think.
I did something a little bit differently by implementing a "% per hour" meter on my Homeassistant panel. It works pretty well and give me an idea of how quickly a charge or discharge target will be reached.

1666357981012.png

1666357981012.png (64.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Javier Pardo avatar image Javier Pardo commented ·

Hi @WKirby

I find your comment very interesting. I don't know how Homeassistant works, but I understand that it is some kind of interface that can communicate with Victron systems to obtain information. Is that correct?

Is there a place where I can find how Homeassistant works? Is it compatible with all Victron systems?

I currently have a Quattro inverter, VenusGX, Victron Solar Chargers and Pylontech batteries. Would it be possible to use this software to obtain more detailed information as you comment?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·